cLICK HERE TO APPLY FOR GNOCHC
Greater New Orleans Community Health Connection
Starting July 1, 2016, eligible Greater New Orleans Community Health Connection enrollees were automatically enrolled in full health coverage through Medicaid expansion. If you were not moved to full coverage and are between the ages of 19-64, meet income and citizenship requirements and do not have Medicare, please call Medicaid Customer Service at #1-888-342-6207 for more information.
A no-cost health insurance program for residents of Orleans, Jefferson, St. Bernard, and Plaquemines parishes
The Greater New Orleans Community Health Connection or GNOCHC (no-kee) program provides no-cost health insurance coverage to uninsured adults ages 19 - 64. Medical services are provided at participating GNOCHC clinics in Orleans, Jefferson, St. Bernard, and Plaquemines parishes.
To qualify for GNOCHC, you must be--
- Age 19 - 64
- A U.S. citizen or legal resident
- Living in Orleans, Jefferson, St. Bernard, or Plaquemines parish
- Not pregnant, and
- Your income must be below the amounts in the chart
What does GNOCHC cover?
- Primary care
- Preventative care
- Immunizations and vaccinations
- Care coordination
- Lab work and x-rays
- Behavioral health for mental health and substance abuse services
- Some specialty care
When qualified for GNOCHC, you may still be able to get free care at the LSU public hospitals (charity hospitals) or prescriptions from prescription assistance programs.
What does GNOCHC NOT cover?
- Prescription drugs
- Inpatient and outpatient hospital services
- Emergency room visits
- Dental care
- Other services not listed as covered above
How To Apply
- Online at the Louisiana Medicaid Online Application Center.
- In Person at any participating GNOCHC clinic.
- By Mail or Fax. Download a paper form, then print and mail or fax to:
Orleans Regional Medicaid Office
P.O. Box 60840
New Orleans, LA 70160
Where do I get GNOCHC medical care?
GNOCHC clinics are in Orleans, Jefferson, St. Bernard, and Plaquemines parishes.
Click here for a list of clinics.
How can I get the most out of my GNOCHC coverage?
After getting your white plastic medical card, start using it. Visit a GNOCHC clinic to get the medical care you need.
Call us toll-free at 1-888-342-6207 or send us an email at GNOCHC@la.gov. Representatives are available Monday - Friday 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Central Standard Time.
TTY Users call 1-800-220-5404.
- LDH Announces Two Year Extension of GNOCHC Program
- CMS Approval - Extension of Program to December 31, 2016
- CMS Approval - Extension of Program to December 31, 2014
- Amendment to Increase Expenditure Limit - Feb 2014
- CMS Approval - Increase to Expenditure Limit - March 2014
- Amendment to Increase Expenditure Limit - June 2014
- CMS Approval - Increase to Expenditure Limit - July 2014
- Renewal Application - July 2014
- GNOCHC Clinics (Spanish) (Vietnamese)
- GNOCHC Flyer
- View the GNOCHC FAQ page.
Public Notices and Public Hearings
- Public Hearing Presentation 5/28/2014 & 6/2/2014
- Public Notice for Renewal - 5/28/2014 & 6/2/2014
- Public Notice for Renewal - Comprehensive Proposal
- Public Notice to Raise Expenditure Limit - June 2014