Orleans Parish Marriage Records
The Louisiana Vital Records Registry maintains marriage records ONLY for marriage licenses that were purchased in Orleans Parish. If you need a certified copy of a marriage record from another parish, you must contact the Clerk of Court in that parish. If you need a certified copy of a marriage record from another state, you must contact that state's vital records office.
Under Louisiana law, the Louisiana Vital Records Registry maintains Orleans Parish marriage records for 50 years. Orleans Parish marriage records older than 50 years are available at the Louisiana State Archives.
The Louisiana Vital Records Registry can not issue a certified copy of a divorce decree. You must obtain a certified copy of a divorce decree from the Clerk of Court in the parish where the divorce was granted.
- How To Order Certified Copies of Orleans Parish Marriage Records
- How To Apply for an Orleans Parish Marriage License
- Covenant Marriage Information and Forms
- Orleans Parish Marriage Officiant Registration
- Orleans Parish 72-hour Waiver