Home and Community-Based Services Setting Transition
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has issued regulations that define the settings in which it is permissible for states to pay for Medicaid home and community-based services (HCBS). The purpose of these regulations is to ensure that individuals receive Medicaid HCBS in settings that are integrated in and support full access to the greater community. The Office of Behavioral Health (OBH) has developed a transition plan for the purpose of ensuring that HCBS settings within the Coordinated System of Care (CSoC) meet the requirements of the rule and to allow the public an opportunity to provide input on the transition. Comments or questions may be sent to email@example.com.
Statewide Transition Plan (STP):
The Department of Health submitted a transition plan to CMS that explains how the state will bring its HCBS waivers into compliance with the new regulations. This plan was drafted through a collaborative effort by the Office of Aging and Adult Services, the Office of Behavioral Health, the Office for Citizens with Developmental Disabilities, and Medicaid.
After the CMS review in the late summer, Louisiana amended the Statewide Transition Plan (STP) to include robust information about the systemic assessment review of state statutes, waivers, policy and procedures, and other documentation. Minor adjustments were made in the areas of work plans and other activities. Due to a weather disaster, CMS granted the state an additional 30 days for public comments. The revised STP was made available to the public on September 14, 2016, in both an electronic version posted on the LDH program offices websites and by hardcopy which was provided upon request. Comments were due October 14, 2016. No comments were received.
The following version of the STP includes these revisions and was submitted to CMS for Initial Approval review on October 26, 2016.
- 2016 Quarter 3 Progress Tracking for Louisiana Transition Plan
- 2016 Quarter 3 Louisiana Work Plan Master
- Provider Assessment
- Member Assessment
- OBH HCBS Transition Plan - Revised 3.31.2015
- OBH HCBS Setting Transition White Paper - Revised 12.22.2015
- HCBS Transition Presentation
Previous Transition Plan Versions:
- 2016 Quarter 2 Progress Tracking for Louisiana Transition Plan
- 2016 Quarter 2 Louisiana Work Plan Master
- 2016 Quarter 1 Progress Tracking for Louisiana Transition Plan
- 2016 Quarter 1 Louisiana Work Plan Master
- LA Response to CMS STP Feedback Letter 12-18-15
- Appendices for LA Response to CMS STP Feedback Letter 12-18-15
- Revised LA STP with Tracked Changes 12-18-15
- Current LA STP Work Plan Master Updated 12-18-15
- Final-LA Statewide Transition Plan
- OBH HCBS Transition Plan - Revised 3.27.2015
- OBH Adult HCBS Setting Transition Plan
- OBH Coordinated System of Care Settings Transition Plan
- OBH HCBS Transition Plan - Revised 2.3.2015
- 2015 Quarter 4 Progress Tracking for Louisiana HCBS Transition Plan
- 2015 Quarter 4 Current Louisiana Work Plan Master
- 2015 Quarter 3 Progress Tracking for LA Statewide Transition Plan
- 2015 Quarter 3 Master Work Plan
- 2015 Quarter 2 Progress Tracking for Louisiana Transition Plan
- 2015 Quarter 2 Louisiana Work Plan Master