HSS Request for Data Procedure
Health Standards Section has access to two main databases:
1. Licensure - State owns the database. Contains facility/provider name, license number, license expiration date, number of licensed beds, physical address, mail address, phone, FAX, parish, email address, type ownership, owner/entity name, address, phone, FAX, number of licensed beds.
2. Survey and Certification - Federal government owns the database. Contains facility information (name, address, phone number, FAX), complaint and survey inspection data.
Beginning March 15 2018, HSS will offer the following fields (if applicable) for free in Microsoft Excel spreadsheet format:
- Program Description
- Facility Name
- Geographic Address
- Geographic Parish
- Mailing Address
- Licensure Expiration Date
- E-mail Address
- Facility Telephone Number
- Facility Fax Number
Any other field that is not listed will require a formal data request.
The spreadsheets will be updated at the beginning of the month starting May 2018.
When filling out the data request form, please include the following when submitting a request for data to HSS:
1. Requestor name
2. Requestor affiliation - example: provider, research organization, etc.
3. Requestor contact information including email address
4. Desired Program(s) - example: Nursing Home, Hospital, etc.
5. Purpose - explain how data will be used
6. List data elements and format
Example: Nursing Home name, geographical address, phone, license number, region, and number of beds in Microsoft Excel format.
HSS will review the data request. If it is determined that the data resides in the Federal database you will be directed to contact CMS (Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services) ResDAC (Research Data Assistance Center).
There is a $50 fee for electronic data files. Please make check or money order payable to LDH - Health Standards Section. Complete the Payment Transmittal Form on Payment Procedure web page - select "14 - Electronic Directory" located in section titled "Non-Licensing Payment Types".
Send payment and Payment Transmittal Form to:
LDH Licensing Fee
P.O. Box 62949
New Orleans, LA 70162-2949
Data request details should be emailed or mailed to HSS. Please include payment details in request, including date payment submitted, check or money order number, check amount, name of company or individual on check. Electronic files will be emailed after payment has been received.
LDH - Health Standards Section
P.O. Box 3767
Baton Rouge, LA 70821-3767
HSS Data Legend - List of abbeviations and codes used by HSS in Excel format