Announcing HealthData, the public data portal reporting on health concerns and conditions in the state.
The Bureau of Health Informatics has partnered with Environmental Public Health Tracking to create and launch a self-service data portal for Louisiana residents looking for information on health concerns and conditions in the state. The portal reflects the vision and core values of OPH: to demonstrate transparency by making quality health data available and to employ and promote science-based best practices towards continuous improvement.
Data within the portal are interactive, and they can be searched and viewed by topic in various formats, such as tables, graphs and maps. Quick access is also provided to associated information and links, and the data displays, which have been carefully designed and reviewed by a panel of health experts and geographers, allow various datasets to be explored geographically and over time.
BHI's Business Intelligence and Data Visualization Unit utilizes GIS mapping software to present public health and healthcare data in a pictorial format. Click on a link below to download samples of the visualizations our GIS unit has produced for various projects.
- Cancer Incidence Rates in East Baton Rouge Parish
- Dentists per 100,000 Residents by Parish, Louisiana
- Prevalence of Obesity Among Adults by Parish, Louisiana
- OB/GYN Physicians per 100,000 Residents by Parish, Louisiana
- Primary Care Physicians per 100,000 Residents by Parish, Louisiana
- Psychiatrists per 100,000 Residents by Parish, Louisiana
- Specialty Physicians per 100,000 Residents by Parish, Louisiana
Click here to request public health data or public health maps.
For questions about our data collection and analysis programs, please contact Jay Besse, Chief Data Officer, at email@example.com.